From Fairchild to Wynwood, the Design District, MiMo, Brickell, Downtown, Midtown, North Beach and South Beach, all of Miami-Dade is ready to host inarguably the largest convergence of people from the international art world to descend upon a single locale for the entire year. With the plethora of events and shows standard of the yearly affair, the show can get quite overwhelming, but we’ve put together a list of shows you won’t want to miss.
1. The FAILE BÄST Deluxx Fluxx Arcade 2013 Miami Beach Presented by Perrier- Street art duo FAILE is transforming the arcade experience into an interactive aesthetic feast, full of video game machine artworks you can actually play, from psychedelic foosball to pinball machines.
2. Live Rock-n-Roll Karaoke- The Standard's Chez Andre is offering live rock-n-roll karaoke from 11 pm to very late.
3. Friends With You's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"- The Mondrian South Beach, Paul Kasmin Gallery and PAPER Magazine have teamed up with artists Friends With You for an inflatable installation. The immersive work allows viewers to physically experience the color spectrum and how it relates to our emotions.
4. Ryan McGinness Drawing Class- Learn how to draw from skater-punk-turned-contemporary-pop-artist Ryan McGinness, dubbed "a Warhol for the information age."
5. "Nan Goldin – I Remember Your Face"- See Sabine Lidl's documentary on the grit-tastic photographer Nan Goldin, which is sure to be as dirty and funny as it is intellectually stimulating.
6. Official VH1 + SCOPE Party- Twin sisters and indie pop stars Tegan and Sara will perform at the official VH1 + SCOPE party along with DJ Cassidy.
7. "Cheeses of France" Pop-Up- Cheeses of France is hosting a pop-up exhibition dedicated to everyone's favorite dairy product. Antoni Miralda will be constructing a wooden map of France as an homage to the various delicious cheeses that were born in each region.
There are many more amazing events to be experienced, so make your way to Art Basel Miami Beach before its over! When you’re done with that, make your way over to Haulover Marina for a Miami Deep Sea Fishing trip with The THERAPY-IV like no other! Contact me, Captain Stan, for further information by calling 305-945-1578.